By Stoyan Zaimov , Christian Post Reporter
July 8, 2015|8:09 am
(Photo: Reuters/Afolabi Sotunde)
Nkeki Mutah, father of one of the abducted Chibok schoolgirls, speaks at a meeting to review efforts to recover the abducted Chibok girls organised by the Chibok Community Association in collaboration with the #BringBackOurGirls campaign, in Abuja, January 1, 2015. Parents of 200 Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapped by Islamist Boko Haram rebels in April said they were appealing directly to the United Nations for help after losing hope that the Nigerian government would rescue them.
A Nigerian pastor has said that he’s grateful his daughter, who was one of the over 200 Chibok girls kidnapped by Boko Haram in 2014, did not convert to Islam and died “for the sake of Christ” when the terror group forced her to choose between her life and her faith.
A video clip of pastor Mark, part of a BBC Panorama investigation that was originally published in June, captures the father revealing the details of his kidnapped daughter, Monica’s, death.
(Photo: Reuters/Map of Nigeria)
Map of Nigeria locating suspected Boko Haram attacks since last week which have killed more than 200 people.
“I was told that my daughter refused to change her religion. I was told that they dug a hole and buried her from the neck and stoned her to death,” the pastor says.
“To die for the sake of Christ, that’s the happiest thing for me. I’m grateful that she didn’t change her religion. She trust[ed] in God.”
His wife, identified only as Marta, adds: “I believe she died with dignity. Monica is now in heaven because she refused to convert.”
The original BBC report highlighted how some of the schoolgirls, taken in a raid from Chibok in April last year, have been forced to join the Islamist militants.
Free Sign Up CP Newsletter!